Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 1

Hello. I'm not sure how many people, if anyone, is going to read this blog. I decided to start blogging mainly for the therapeutic ability writing can have on my life. I love to write, and I'm not too good at sharing my feelings in other ways. Don't get me wrong though...I wear my heart on my sleeve. I just don't really like to talk about some of the more intimate things in my life, unless I've forged a strong relationship with someone and they somehow broke through my invisible wall of protection.

Now that you know why I am writing I guess I should tell you a little bit about myself. I'm 26 years old. My parents are divorced, with significant others. Someday we'll get into that. I have an older sister, who has a 4 and a half year old daughter, my niece, and a younger brother, who is my best friend in the entire world. My sister is 28, my brother is almost 24.

I am a former athlete, but I guess once an athlete always an athlete right? I played many sports as a kid...baseball, basketball, swimming, soccer, etc. I was a state champion in swimming. I also swam in college. My swimming life is also something I'll talk about more down the line in other posts.

I had a girlfriend for about 3.5 years. We broke up a week ago. My heart is still broken. I hope to talk about this more in subsequent posts.

I love the company I work for, but hate my job. Sound familiar to anyone? I live on the East Coast, but I'm from the Midwest. I resigned from my job last Wednesday. My last day of work is April 8. I am moving home. Reasons for that will be in near future posts.

I have a bachelor's degree in political science. I have a master's degree in sports marketing and management. I love the Cincinnati Reds and Bengals. Baseball is my true passion. I don't know why, but I just love baseball. I'm from Indiana, so I love the Hoosiers, especially in basketball. I pretty much live for sports. I am one of the most competitive people ever. I am confident in myself, in all aspects of life. Some used to think I was cocky. Maybe I was, but now that I am getting a little older I have been able to control it better. I keep my confidence to myself more, but still have the same confidence. I try to keep my swagger, but also keep it on the DL. I love to win. I hate to lose.

That's part of the reason I have decided to start blogging, because I have been losing a lot lately, and I think this can be a good way for me to let out my feelings in a constructive manner. I don't want to be depressed, and I certainly don't want to turn to drugs and alcohol like some. I'm not passing judgement if you do or have, but that's just not my style.

I love God, and I know he had put these trials in my path for a reason, I'm just searching for understanding.

I titled this post Day 1, but in all reality it should be the things that lead up to Day 1. I'm starting a new chapter in my life, and I'm going to take you along for the ride...that is if there is a you. Hell...maybe no one reads this. That's ok. I need this for me. HOWEVER, if you do read this, I also need help and advice. I want to hear your thoughts and comments. Please let me know what you think. Be brutally honest. I think that's what I need the most. I am tired of hearing, it's ok...it's not your fault...things will get better with time, etc etc etc.

Well, I am going to have to think about what my next post is going to be for now. I have to think about what's most important to write about right now. Here's some of the topics to come:

* Resigning from work.
* Moving back to Indiana.
* Breaking up with my girlfriend.
* Finding a new job.
* My parents.
* My siblings (and my niece).
* Swimming (and other sports).

I hope you are intrigued a bit. I have an interesting life...to say the least. It's not glamorous, but it is interesting. Again, let me know what you think.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment